Win a rent-free year in a luxury two bedroom apartment in Belfast’s Portland 88!
We’ve joined forces with leading property developers Barnett Developments to offer one lucky Belfast Telegraph reader the chance to move into a two bedroom apartment at Belfast’s most desirable address, Portland 88, rent-free for one year! And that's not all! The winner will also receive a bicycle worth £700 from Chain Reactions Cycles!
Two runners-up will receive £1,000 each.
Located opposite the historic Gasworks site in Belfast city centre, Portland 88 is a landmark building comprising of 88 luxury “smart apartments” – the first of their kind in Northern Ireland. Right in the city centre, full of exceptional design features and featuring the latest in smart home technology, a year in this amazing furnished apartment is worth in excess of £15,000. Find out more about what could be your new home by clicking here to view a similar property on Propertynews.com.
The competition closes on Monday 22nd July when our three finalists will be chosen at random. The finalists will then be required to attend a live prize draw at Portland 88 on Sunday 28th July.
For your chance to win this amazing prize all you have to do is complete the entry form below.
Mandatory entry requirements:
As per the terms and conditions below, which you must read and agree to in full, there are several mandatory entry requirements. You are only eligible to enter this competition if:
- You are 25 or over
- You are a legal resident of Northern Ireland
- You are entering on behalf of yourself – only the individual who completes the entry will be eligible to receive the prize. The prize may not be gifted to other parties.
- You are available for the live final on Sunday 28 July 2019, where our three finalists will be randomly allocated their prize via the mechanism of a simple game.
- You are, in the event of winning the main prize, able to provide a £1,000 tenancy deposit by Friday 30th August 2019.
- You are, in the event of winning the main prize, able to sign a tenancy agreement by Friday 2nd August 2019 and available to move into the property on Friday 20th August 2019.
Terms & Conditions
1. The promoters of the competition are Independent News and Media (Northern Ireland) whose correspondence address is 33 Clarendon Road, Belfast, BT1 3BG (“INM”).
2. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. The entry form will be part of the overall terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. INM reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. INM reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the website.
3. In the case of conflict between these Terms and Conditions and such specific directions and/or rules given, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail. By participating in this competition, you are deemed to accept these rules and the specific directions/terms and conditions applicable to the individual prizes, as specified.
6. Competition opens on Wednesday 8th May and closes at midnight on Monday 22nd July. All competition entries received after the closing date are automatically disqualified.
7. Promotion is open to residents of Northern Ireland who are 25 years of age and over. INM reserves the right to request written proof of age and residency from the winners.
8. Employees and agents of INM or any company connected with the promotion or any of INM’s associated companies are not eligible to take part in the applicable competition, nor are their immediate family members. For these purposes an "immediate family member" includes a spouse, partner, child, step child, grandchild, brother, step brother, sister, step sister, parent, step parent or legal guardian.
9. Each entrant can enter an email address once only.
10. Use of a false email, name or address by an entrant will disqualify them from receiving any prize.
11. Entrants may not enter the promotion on behalf of other parties or individuals and the first prize may not be “gifted” to a friend or family member. Only the individual who completes the entry will be eligible to receive the prize.
12. No responsibility is accepted for entries damaged, lost or mislaid and proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery. No entries will be accepted by post, or by agents, in bulk or from third parties.
13. Three finalists will be shortlisted for the live prize draw final that will take place on Sunday 28th July. The three finalists will be selected from those who have correctly answered the competition question and drawn at random by our online system. This decision is final and no correspondence or communication will be entered into.
14. Finalists will be notified that they have been shortlisted by noon on Tuesday 23rd July 2019 by phone. If a finalist does not answer the call or is unable to attend the live prize draw final on Sunday 28th July 2019, the finalist will forfeit his or her prize and place in the final, and another finalist will be selected at random using our online system from the entry forms submitted.
15. The three finalists will be required to attend the live prize draw at Portland 88 on Sunday 28th July 2019. The live final will consist of each finalist selecting their prize at random in a blind draw. The finalist whose name was drawn first by the online system will go first, followed by the person whose name was drawn second, finishing with the person whose name was drawn third.
16. The winners of our competition will be announced across the Belfast Telegraph’s print, digital and social media platforms. Contact email@example.com if you wish to receive a link to information on the winners.
17. Subject to the Terms and Conditions below, the prizes are:
(a) First Place: the chance to live in a two bedroom apartment at Portland 88, rent free for one year, plus a £700 bicycle from Chain Reactions;
(b) Second place (runner-up): A cash prize of £1,000; and
(c) Third place (runner-up): A cash prize of £1,000.
19. The third place prize will be provided by Independent News and Media (Northern Ireland).
21. Entrants acknowledge and accept that publicity may be given to competition winners and winners’ names and images may be published on the Belfast Telegraph website, social media channels and other website(s) relating to the promotion. Winners must co-operate fully for publicity purposes if so required.
22. All entrants agree not to engage in any interviews or make any statements in connection with or arising from the competition without the written consent of INM.
23. The winner of the “First Place” prize, will be required to enter into Portland 88’s standard tenancy agreement by Friday 2nd August 2019 and provide a security deposit of £1,000 by Friday 30th August 2019 when they will move into the property (as detailed in the tenancy agreement). A copy of this tenancy agreement will be made available to the three finalists in advance of the live prize draw. If the finalists do not wish to enter into this tenancy agreement, they shall forfeit their place in the live final prize draw and another finalist shall be selected. The apartment may only be occupied by two adults for the duration of the tenancy. Any questions regarding the tenancy should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
24. Barnett Developments are responsible for delivering the second prize (£1,000)and will endeavour to do so within 14 days of the live final. Where this is not possible the winner will be notified of the delay by Barnett Developments.
25. INM will endeavour to deliver the third prize (£1,000) within 14 days of the live final. Where this is not possible the winner will be notified of the delay.
26. Failure to claim a prize within 7 days of the live final will make any claim invalid. Prizes not claimed within the specified time limit will be deemed to have been forfeited and may be disposed of by INM without any liability to the winner.
27. Any additional costs and expenses incurred by the prize winner are to be the responsibility of the prize winner, which shall include for the avoidance of doubt, all food, electricity, internet, parking and other living costs that will be incurred by the winner of the “First Place” prize. The prize includes rent and rates only for 12 months.
28. Unless otherwise stated, all taxes, insurances, fees and surcharges are to be the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
29. The determination and decision of INM on all matters shall be final and no competition correspondence will be entered into. INM reserve the right in their reasonable discretion: (a) to disqualify any claimant, finalist, competitor or nominee whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the promotion and to declare as void any or all of their claims or entries based on such conduct; (b) to declare as void any claims or entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) in the magazine, this website, and/or other printed materials, or where there has been error(s) in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the promotion materially affecting the result of the promotion or the number of claimants or the value of claims; (c) to add to or to waive any rules on reasonable notice; and/or (d) to cancel the promotion or any part of it at any stage in the event of circumstances beyond INM’s reasonable control.
30. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be re-sold. If a prize is unavailable due to circumstances out of INM’s control, INM reserves the right to withdraw the competition. No cash alternative will be awarded in lieu of stated prize(s).
31. INM accepts no responsibility for the supply, non-supply, purported non-supply or delay in supply of prizes to be provided by a third party including, without limitation, failure of the prize winner to receive ownership of the prize. Prize winners are responsible for booking and/or completing other formalities directly with the specified third party.
32. The promotion may also be declared void should a printing or production error in connection with the competition appear in the magazine or on this website.
33. INM reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a competition and/or vary competition rules at any time without prior notice.
35. INM will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of INM or its employees, INM will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.